Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Trojans Rugby app


U16 - Match centre

Trojans Chiefs
Alton (v Chiefs)
Sun 10 Dec 11:00 - League Full time

Trojans U16's Chiefs v Alton 10th December 2017

U16 Chiefs are blown away in difficult conditions

Trojans Chiefs 6 Alton 41

The weather conditions threatened to prevent the match going ahead, but the lower pitches at KES were clearly playable so the decision was made to go ahead. The Chiefs lined up without 5 of their regular starting forwards, so the emphasis was on using our more mobile forwards to test the Alton defence. The Chiefs were asked to make a good start and, despite a few early mistakes, they settled well. The first 10 minutes was a pretty even contest, but Alton's superior forward power soon gave them the lead with the first try of the match. The boys battled back into the game and Josh put them on the scoreboard with a penalty. The wind increased in strength making life extremely difficult at the line-out. Understandably the Chiefs struggled in the scrum. On the positive side all three back row players, Linton, Fin W. and Michael worked hard and were quick to the breakdown. Overall Trojans enjoyed very little possession and what they had they made poor use of. They conceded a second try following an incident where Josh tackled a player without the ball, arguably preventing a try. A penalty was awarded and Josh was yellow carded. Alton ran the penalty and scored their second try. A few minutes before half-time Phil made a good run and was tackled short of the try line. Another penalty was awarded to Trojans. Josh was back on the field and converted to make the score 6-10.

Sammy N. came on at half-time and soon after Dylan was injured replaced by Rodrigo. Waldo stepped in at full-back. The backs continued to get little ball and centres Phil and Christian were a little out of sorts when it came their way. The forwards didn't fare much better. Gabriel and Thomas made a couple of good carries, but there was nothing to follow and the attacks stuttered, despite Fin H. doing his best to get the boys moving forward. It showed how much they missed the likes of Ash and Ed. Alton used the conditions well, frequently kicking with the wind, and the pressure told when they launched a powerful attack and scored their third try. However, with 15 minutes to go, the score was still only 6-17 and the boys were still in the game. Ben McC. came on at 8 with Michael moving to 7. The boys then lost concentration when the Alton full-back fielded the ball on half-way and was allowed to run through their entire defence to score an outstanding try. Alton now had the momentum and were dominating the match. They went on to score another 3 tries to make the final score 6-41. This was a crushing defeat and the Chiefs will most likely fail to qualify for the Hampshire Cup. Man of the match was Fin W.

Quilter Kids First Champions winner – November: Hinckley RFC

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Club sponsors